During VIVA! Streets, you can do what you want. East 6th Street is your playground. Bike, juggle, rollerblade, skateboard, hop, skip and jump. There will activities throughout the 9 block car-free route. Activities are available for all ages.
Confirmed Scheduled Activities
– Bike Fun: bike polo, mini bike show, free bike repairs, bike rodeo, learn to ride
– Obstacle Courses: KidsKup (ages 3-10) and more
– Martial Arts: capoeria, krav maga
– Dance/Fitness Classes: zumba, jitterbug, salsa, samba, tango, cardio dance…
– Yoga: standing asana and more
– Explore AFD’s Firetruck
– Live Music: marching bands, play the drums in a drum circle
– Cane Fishing, Animal Identification and Scavenger Hunt
– Bird identification, learn how to make bird call, go on bird walks
– Gardening Classes: gardening, composting, seed bomb workshop
– Arts and crafts projects: make pendants, magnets, and origami lanterns
– Games: ping pong, giant chess, hopscotch, petanque, camp games
– Sports: soccer, street hockey, basketball, tennis, golf, unicycle football
– Rest Stops/Cooling Stations: cold water, water bottles, snacks, massages
– Pup Stops: water, treats, and shade for your four-legged friends
– Giveaways: fitbit, t-shirts, fans, sunglasses, towels
Throughout the route, there will be spaces for open play. Play with our hula hoops, ping pong tables, jump ropes or bring you own activity, equipment, and friends to play like soccer, acroyoga, bubbles, water balloons, basketball, chess, chalk art, dance, capture the flag…
Would you like to provide a scheduled activity?
We would love to hear from you.